Re: [CSG111] Anwsers to questions on Mp5

Subject: Re: [CSG111] Anwsers to questions on Mp5
From: Therapon Skotiniotis (skotthe@ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 14:57:58 EST

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 01:56:56PM -0500, Wendy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One more question for you, regarding tests mostly. with each assignment, we
> are asked to code some functions, and are given a starter set of files. If
> we had to code something in a prior assignment, for example addition or
> "not", are we expected to keep this functionality within the new assignment?
> I guess what I'm asking is if each assignment build of each other, and if
> the functionlaity of the prev one is implied to be a part of the new one.
> the test suite suggests this is the case, as it contains functionality from
> previous assignments that were not explictly assigned in the current one.

 The goal of each assignement is for you to practise the
 material being taught in class. The explicitely stated
 extensions in each machine problem do just that.

 However, we are doing test driven development. So if the
 given set of tests require some older extensions you should
 provide those as well. Typically these older extensions
 should be straight forward to add :)

 -- Theo