Re: [CSG111] CSG111: MP4 Extend-Env-Rec?

Subject: Re: [CSG111] CSG111: MP4 Extend-Env-Rec?
From: Wendy (wendybeth.minton@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 21:29:21 EST

Hi,

In the assignment, it asks for the test cases from mp3 to be run. However,
we are missing a bit f functionality. There was already an email saying we
don't have to worry about all-of, cond, and, or, not. But what about
addition, mutliplication, and integer divsion? I'm assuming these should not
be implemented either. So, should we just exclude all test cases for these?

Also, I'm having a lot of trouble with letrec. I have no idea how to make
recursion happen. The examples from lecture three are building a data
structure, and this method makes sense. But I am just not seeing how this
can be done with a list. My code is currently dying after the first run of
the procedure. The issue is that the environment is storing the value of the
first run of the procedure, and then nothing else. I guess the issue I have
is I dont see how to take the closure. When you said closure in your email,
were you talking about the "closure" function in the notes? At this point
any help would be great as I am definitly not understanding this.

Thanks,
Wendy