[CSG111] MP4: About extend-nameless-env-rec

Subject: [CSG111] MP4: About extend-nameless-env-rec
From: Mitchell Wand (wand@ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 21:24:41 EST

>> Should the enviroment returned be completely unprintable?
>> What I mean is that because the enviroment (call it e1)
>> we return has in it at least 1 closure that has the enviroment e1 in it.

Yup. Structures with loops in them are unprintable by the usual write
or display procedures. I believe, however, that both Chez Scheme and
PLT Scheme have switches or alternate printing functions that print
something meaningful for circular structures. Anybody want to check
this out and share with the class?

--Prof. Wand